指針.png


The Value of Time──Watch Before You Waste Time
時間的價值 ──在浪費時間之前請先看看

【時間的重要性】

When asked“What is the biggest mistake we make in life?”the Buddha replied,“The biggest mistake is you think you have time.”
當佛被問到,人生會犯最大的錯誤是什麼?他回答說:最大的錯誤,就是你以為你還有時間。

Time is free, but it's priceless.
時間是免費的,但它也是無價的。

You can't own it, but you can use it.

你不能擁有它,但你可以利用(使用)它。

You can't keep it, but you can spend it.

你不能留住它,但你可以花費(消耗)它。

And once it's lost you can never get it back.
並且你一旦失去(錯過)了,你就再也找不回來了。

老鐘.png


【一生中你能真正擁有的時間,其實非常有限】

The average person lives 78 years.
平均一個人可以活78年。

We spend 28.3 years of our life sleeping. That's almost a third of our life, but 30% of us struggle to sleep well.
其中我們花了28.3年在補充睡眠(在睡眠中度過)。那幾乎佔了我們一生三分之一的時間,但仍有30%的人們,卻連睡覺都睡不好(還設法睡的更多)。

We spend 10.5 years of our life working, but over 50% of us want to leave our current jobs.
我們花費10.5年的時間在工作上,但50%的人們想要來開現在的工作。

Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you can never get more time.
時間比金錢更珍貴多了,你可以得到更多的錢,但你不可能獲得到更多的時間。

We spend 9 years on T.V. and social media.
我們花費9年的時間,在電視和社群網站。

We spend 6 years doing chores.
我們花費6年的時間,在家事雜務上。

We spend 4 years eating and drinking. 
我們花費4年的時間,在吃喝上。

We spend 3.5 years in education. 
我們花費3.5年的時間,在接受教育上。

We spend 2.5 years grooming. 
我們花費2.5年的時間,花費在打扮(擦拭清潔)上。

We spend 2.5 years shopping.
我們花費2.5年的時間,在逛街購物上。

We spend 1.5 years in child care.
我們花費1.5年的時間,花費在帶小孩上。

We spend 1.3 years commuting.
我們花費1.3年的時間,在交通通勤(社交)上

That leaves us with 9 years. How will we spend that time?
扣掉這些時間,我們的時間只剩下9年,你要怎麼使用(度過)這些時間?

鬧鐘.png


【時間的主人,決定在你自己】

Steve Jobs said“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."
賈伯斯曾說:你的時間是有限的,所以不能過(別浪費在)別人的生活(為別人而生活)。

So there's good news and there's bad news.
所以,這是個好消息,也是個壞消息(既有好的一面,也有壞的一面)。

The bad news is time flies; the good news is you're the pilot.
壞消息(壞的一面)是,時間過得飛快;好消息(好的一面)是,你就是自己時間的掌控(決定者)(你才是自己時間的主人)。

時鐘.jpg


【你不會浪費金錢,但你為什麼浪費時間?】

Imagine you wake up every day with $86,400 in your bank account, and at the end of the night it's all gone whether you spent it or not.
想像一下,當你每天醒來,帳戶上就會有86,400元進帳,而且不管你有沒有消費(花完它),這一天過去後(你到了晚上睡覺前),這筆錢都會消失。

And then the next day you get another $86,400.
而明天(到了第二天),又有86,400元進帳到你的帳戶。

What would we do with it?

你會怎麼做(花這筆錢)?

Everyday 86,400 seconds are deposited into your life account.
每天,你的人生賬戶上都會存入86,400秒(每天這86,400秒,就是進帳到你人生帳戶的時間)。

At the end of the day once they're all used up, you get a new 86,400 seconds.
到了一天過去後,這些時間不復存在(這86,400秒就會用完),然後你隔天還會再有新的86,400秒。

We would never waste it if it was money, so why do we waste it when it comes to time?
如果這86,400是錢,你一定不會浪費,那麼如果是時間,你為什麼要浪費(那為什麼換成時間,你就願意浪費它了呢)?

Those seconds are so much more powerful than dollars because you can always make more dollars, you can't always make more time.
這86,400秒絕對比86,400元更有影響力(時間比金錢更重要),因為你可以賺更多的錢,但你卻不能賺取(賺不到)更多的時間。


古鐘.png


【任何一種時間都是一種價值】

To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student who failed a grade.
如果想了解一年時間的價值,去問問一個延畢(復學)的學生吧!

To realize the value of 1 month, ask a mother who lost their child in the final month.
如果想了解一個月時間的價值,去問問臨產前一個月卻失去孩子(流產)的母親吧!

To realize the value of 1 week, ask the editor of an online magazine.
如果想了解一個禮拜時間的價值,去問問線上雜誌的編輯吧!

To realize the value of 1 hour, ask the couple who's in a long distance relationship.
如果想了解一小時時間的價值,去問問異地的戀人(遠距離戀愛的情侶)吧!

To realize the value of 1 minute, ask the person who just missed a bus, train, or plane.
如果想了解一分鐘時間的價值,去問問那些剛錯過公車、火車、班機的人吧!

To realize the value of 1 second, ask the person who just missed an accident.
如果想了解一秒鐘時間的價值,去問問那些與意外事故擦肩而過(剛逃過死劫)的人吧!

To realize the value of a millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.
如果想了解一毫秒時間的價值,去問問奧運會上第二名的選手吧!

鐘.png


【別為了別人,而優先於你自己的時間】

We think that it's people wasting our time, but it's really us giving them the permission to do that.
我們常以為是人們浪費了時間(覺得別人在浪費我們的時間),其實正是我們自己給了時間浪費的可能(我們自己允許他們這樣做)。

And in reality, these 2 people live inside us.
在現實中(事實上),我們的內心總是並存兩個人(這兩個人就住在我們心裡)。

Don't let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.
不要給別人優先權(別讓別人優先於你自己),而你只是一個備選項(尤其是當他們從不這樣對你)。

老鐘.png


【別等到失去了別人,才懂得珍惜】

Some of us lose the people most important to us because we don't value their time.
我們當中,有些人因為不珍惜時間,而錯過了重要的人(我們常常失去對我們而言最重要的人,因為我們從來不去珍惜對方的時間)。

Some of us don't recognize how important someone is to us until they're gone.
我們當中,有些人只有失去了,才意識到那些人的重要性(有些人總是等別人離開了,才發現他們對自己有多麼重要)。

壁鐘.png


【每個人的內心,都有二種聲音,你最後選擇哪一種?】

Inside all of us are 2 voices──
我們每個人的內心,總(都)有兩個聲音──

1 voice that wants to uplift, 1 voice that want us to expand, 1 voice that want us to grow.
一個聲音讓我們高尚(向上提升、擴大人生、獲得成長),

And then there's the other voice──The voice that holds us back. The voice that makes us lazy. The voice that makes us complacent. The voice that restricts us from our potential.
另一個聲音──讓我們自我膨脹(扯我們後腿(阻止我們前進)、使我們懶惰、讓我們自滿(滿足於現狀)、阻礙我們發掘自己的潛能)。

Every day from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep, inside of us there's this battle between the 2 voices.
每天從早上起床到晚上睡覺,這兩個聲音一直在不停掙扎(互相鬥爭)。

And guess which one wins?
你猜猜哪一個聲音會勝出呢?

The one that we listen to the most.
是我們聽的最多的(最用心傾聽的那個聲音)。

The one that we feed.
是我們付出更多的(給予支持的那個聲音)。

The one that we amplify.
還有我們更看重的(放大的那個聲音)。

It is our choice of how we use our time.
怎麼利用時間,是我們自己的選擇(我們擁有絕對的選擇權,去選擇怎麼使用自己的時間)。

時鐘.png


【生活教你安排時間,時間教你生活價值】

Life and time are the best two teachers.
人生(生活)和時間是最好的兩個老師。

Life teaches us to make good use of time and time teaches us the value of Life.
人生(生活)教會我們合理安排(善用)時間,而時間教會我們人生(生活)的價值。

鐘面.png



【莎翁的時間相對論】

And as William Shakespeare said,
如莎翁(莎士比亞)所說:

“Time is very slow for those who want,
對於索取(珍惜)的人來說,時間是緩慢的,

very fast for those who are scared,
對於恐懼的人來說,時間是飛快的,

very long for those who are sad,
對於悲痛的人來說,時間是漫長的,

and very short for those who celebrate,
對於歡慶的人來說,時間是短暫的,

but for those who love, time is eternal.”
對於有愛(懂得去愛)的人來說,時間是永恆的。

【文章出處】
《Youtube》
〈The Value of Time
──Watch Before You Waste Time〉
(編按:各段標題為編者另加,中文附記的括弧為不同譯本比對)

網址:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmIaee6sjo
原作者:Jay Shetty

時鐘.png

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 樵客 的頭像
    樵客

    如是我聞:樵客老師的國文教學網站

    樵客 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()